The Mason Foundation for Animal Shelter Design (Mason Foundation) was established to provide financial assistance to initial assistance to an animal shelter looking to expand or remodel.
- Only animal sheltering agencies (public or private) and rescue groups are considered for the grants.
- Grant money must be used for needs assessment, initial consultation and architectural assistance, capital campaign studies, etc., for shelters interested in building a new facility or remodeling an existing building that will improve the quality of care given to animals and improve adoptions.
- Grants may be awarded in any amount up to $4,000.
- Funding to any one organization is limited to $4,000 per fiscal year.
- The Mason Foundation grants cannot be used for normal operating expenses, supplement an organizations operating budget, or capital expenditures (e.g., new kennels or cattery equipment, new software, veterinary equipment, dog food, etc.)
- Shelters must match the Mason Foundation’s grant.
- The Mason Foundation will disburse its portion of the matching grant directly to the end user (i.e. a needs assessment firm, architect, etc.)
- A copy of the General Release must be signed and returned to the Mason Foundation.